9.01.2011

Ombre, longboards, and snow cones.

I had a wonderful day yesterday. It was just lovely.
It was sweltering here in Edmond...sometimes I just don't understand why/how it is so dang hot. Anyways, about my lovely day:

School was schoolish. I went to class and did the routine. In my Creative Writing class (English major, of course), I made the entire class-including the professor-laugh. More than once. I love making people laugh.
After class, Ethan and I went to go sign a lease at his new apartment. May it be known that I will not be living with Ethan...I was with him for moral support. Yup.
After the apartment agenda, we ran to the glorious, beautiful, brand-spanking-new Sunflower Farmer's Market, which is actually a smaller version of Whole Foods. I want to go organic so bad. I need a bit more money to do so first, but one day, my goal will be achieved.
I bought two big boxes of spinach and arugala. Some romaine. Some asparagus. And organic tortilla and rice chips. I am so excited to do more shopping there.
After relaxing at Ethan's apartment for a little bit, we went to Chili's. I know what you're thinking: "Chili's? That makes your day great?" It does when you have a coupon for a FREE MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKE!! Those things are so bad for me and so good. If I ever do go entirely organic, I'll either miss those bad boys or cheat.
Last night, Ethan had to go into work and work/close the register. He works at Zumiez--that skate shop in most malls. While we were in there, and yes, I went, too, a nice lady named Kristi came up to me and asked if I had ever thought about doing my hair ombre. I said yes. She offered to do my hair for free, just because she wanted to play around with it and see what ombre would look like. So, tomorrow, I'm getting my hair done, and it'll be new and edgy and I am going to love it.
Also when we were in Zumiez, Ethan kind of surprised me and bought me new trucks, bearings, and wheels to fix up my longboard. I was so excited! I got a longboard last year for my birthday and it was a cheap one, so the quality wasn't good. And I mean about $40 for a complete board. It was terrible to ride. It didn't turn and the wheels were difficult to ride on because they were nearly plastic and it was just not too good of a deal...but, I mean, you get what you pay for. I was really thankful for the board, just because it sparked my long boarding interest. But now, my board is ready to ride and it rides so smoothly. I am stoked. I have been riding it around campus today. I'm still not the best long boarder in the world, but I try. (I've only lost control today about 5 times) ((whoops)) But I really find long boarding enjoyable.

Today, on campus, STUMO has been giving out free snow cones. Goodness. I love UCO.
But I will divulge more on that subject in the near future.
College is treating me so well.

And next week, Monday is supposed to be 86 degrees as the high. I cannot wait. Maybe I'll pull out a cardigan :p

What are you loving about your week?

Peace,
--rachel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment