4.06.2011

No more 365!

I've decided to stop doing my 365.
This may come to a shock to some of you...probably not though.

Here are the reasons why:

1) I think the first week of it was really the only time I actually took a picture every day.  I've needed to catch up so much, it's just getting old.
That is my fault.

2) I don't actually think it's helping me grow as a photographer.  I believe I know what my style is and I believe it developed a little over the course of my 365, but I don't think my pictures in my 365 are improving.  I'm just taking them to take them.  Which is not passionate.

3) I'm not enjoying it.  If I want to be a photographer when I grow up, I better freaking love it.  And I do.  I really do, but this project felt more of like something on my to-do list rather than something I felt like doing.  I want to enjoy taking pictures.  I want them to have meaning.

So, there are my reasons.  Do not fear, however, with the taking out of the 365 from my life, I feel like I will be more devoted to producing good shots with more meaning.  I want to create something awesome.  I have a few shoots coming up that I am so excited about because I know I will give it my all and not worry about getting my 365 for the day.

I want to step up my game in photography.  And I know cutting this out seems like an unreasonable thing to do in order to step up my game, but I am confident with my future. :)

I have a couples shoot this weekend that I am very very excited about.  I'll keep taking pictures and I'll keep posting them on here, but they won't be part of my 365.

Now, I'm off to watch Robin Hood.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Thankful Thursday!

Oh yeah...wanna know how awesome I am?
I went grocery shopping today for all natural/whole grain/super healthy/vegetables and fruit/ stuff.  And then when I was watching ANTM tonight, I ate a near whole row of Oreos.

I suck.
Haha.

But what can you do? :P


(pardon my manhands)

I hope your days were lovely, to each and every one of you. :)
Sorry I've been absent from the blogosphere.  I've been soooooo oddly busy.
And sleepy, so, you know, I've been sleeping a lot.

Love to you. :)

1 comment:

  1. awe, but i know exactly what you mean. the same thing happened to me. can't wait to see what you come up with !

    ReplyDelete