1.11.2011

Falling Behind and Catching Up and a Whole Lot of Maybes.

Since moving back to Tulsa (I've been here a day and a half), I have been insanely busy.  It's odd, because this semester I am only taking 12 hours.  I can already feel a part of me lose the 10+ hours of sleep I got over the break.  But, you know, we all sacrifice things we love in order to do other things.  And vice versa.

The classes I'm in are going to be very challenging. Last semester my workload was very minimal.  And this round, I am already swimming in things to buy, essays, books, and works to read, and trying to get my head wrapped around finding a job, fitting in the things I care about, and spending time with Ethan and my friends.  This whole "growing up" thing is kind of a struggle.

I have already fallen behind on my 365, so I'm going to tell you that I will be cheating day 10.  I didn't take a single photo yesterday, for whatever reason.  Hopefully, after I get things done, I'll catch myself up on that.

I'm struggling.  And maybe it's because this is the beginning of the semester, and it's a tad different than last.  Maybe it's because I'm not managing my time very well.  Or maybe it's a little bit of everything and I'm just waiting on things to fall together.

Maybe I've got to realize that things take time.  They take a thought out plan.  Part of that reality scares me. I've always been a kind of "go-out-on-a-limb-do-this-on-a-whim" kind of person.  And it's difficult for me to understand that there is a time for things to change.  It's time to have a plan.  It's just time to get my stuff together.

I am really hoping that this semester  and everything that goes on is something I have handle with grace.
I know that I have been neglecting God, and that should never happen.

It's time for me to just do what I need to do.  Get things done that need to be done.  Love the people I love and draw closer to my God who wants me nearer.

In everything, give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment