1.02.2011

The Jacksons' House

Do you have a home away from home?
A family that feels like it should be yours, even if you're not related?
I am blessed to say that I possess both of these things.

The Jacksons are a wonderful, creative, musical, loving, God-fearing family.  They live down the street from me and always welcome me into their home.

Marielle and Jordan, the two oldest siblings (the youngest, Nate, is 6) are two of the greatest friends I've ever had.  Marielle is my best friend.  They're both down to earth and hilarious and just kind, kind people.

Dean and Jodi are always welcoming and they call me their "daughter from anothuh father."  Jodi is a ridiculous cook and Dean is an amazing musician.


Love them.

I know that if I'm down, or just need to get out of my house, that I can come down the street and let myself in through the back door.

Friends are such a gift from God.

What's your best friend like?

2 comments:

  1. What's your best friend like? ...

    -My best friend's hair smells like home.
    -My best friend's hands make me tremble.
    -My best friend is mad at me right now, and I am mad at her, but we'll still be best friends all day.
    -I call my best friend all the time, to the point of annoying her.
    -My best friend taught me to love dogs.
    -My best friend is right around the corner. I think I'll go kiss her forehead now. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my best friends family is like that, i LOVE them so so much and visiting them is the greatest! my best friends love me for me...they are always there for me whether i need someone to talk to or to make me laugh...they have taught me to slow down and to just be happy. i am truly grateful for them!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete