1.12.2011

A Wonderful Whimsday

Today has been a day full of wonder and whim.
I didn't exactly wake up in the best mood, but it wasn't the worst, either.  It was just, you know, blahhh.
I went to my classes, and they were fine.  Pretty uneventful, but fine.
My mom called me to remind me to check on a scholarship I thought I wouldn't get.
But I got an email saying I did get it, so that was exciting.

Then, I went on lookbook.nu.
It's the best.
And I thought while I was looking through all that killer fashion, "I need to go thrifting immediately."  Now, you might think that I have a problem with feeling like I NEED to thrift.  Maybe I do have a problem.  ANYways, so I went to go hop into my car and then I thought "Why don't I invite some friends?"  So I did and off we went to the Greatest Good Will in existence.  Seriously.  So good.

I found some killer items.
2 vintage oversized blazers.  1 is grey.  1 is vibrant orange.  And both have spectacular gold buttons.
1 lace shirt.  I've been trying to be more feminine as of late.  That makes me sound manly.  I'm not, but I do wear jeans a WHOLE lot.  And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I'd like to begin playing more with style and clothes.
1 vintage floral skirt.  It's magical.
1 stretchy yellow belt.  Just because.

I don't need new clothes.  I really don't.
But I'm somewhat in the process of revamping my style.

So, after thrifting, I dropped my buddies back on campus and ventured to Panera bread.
I have mixed feelings with Panera.  And I don't really know what those feelings are.
(I ordered the You Pick Two, by the way.  With a Greek salad and a tomato-mozzarelle panini.  Pretty tasty)

Now, I am sitting with a cinnamon latte in front of me at one of my favorite coffee shops in Tulsa- CHOCS (Coffee House on Cherry Street), waiting on my friend, Ryan, to walk through those doors.

I am at peace with the world.
And with myself.

This is a good thing.



Feel loved today/tonight/this afternoon.

Ps.  Iron & Wine is on Daytrotter.com today!
Go check it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment