2.18.2011

Home for the weekend and other random things and stuff.

I made the 3 hour drive from Tulsa to little ole Cordell, Oklahoma this afternoon.  And I couldn't be happier.  I stopped in OKC on the way here and got some bubble tea with my darling boyfriend.  His beard is growing back.  He looks rugged and manly. ;)

Anyways, the drive was lovely, windows down some of the way, music up high.  You can't beat this 80 degree February weather.  I got home and talked about life with my mom.  Letting her know what's up in college and in Racheltown.  I went to Dollar General to look for some simple lace up tennis shoes (think Keds or vans) and found a white pair for $8 and a grey pair of tennis shoe flat things for $8.  Not too bad.  I painted gray chevron stripes on the white ones and they look pretty dope.

I went to Dad's house for a little while and we talked about life and school.  I love my dad.  We're having breakfast tomorrow. :)

Mom made the best eggplant parmesean I've ever had.  And I made chocolate chip cookies.  I read my Teen Vogue and chilled, while watching mindless TV and played with my morbidly obese wiener dog, Zoe and my ever-shrinking dog, Lucy.  They're adorable.

It just feels so good to be home.  I love how open the fields are and how you can see the stars at night and how the sky sets itself on fire at sunset.  There aren't street lights crowding the view of the stars or skyscrapers blocking the glowing orange light.  It's open and massive and expansive and home.

It's one of my favorite feelings ever.

Apart from being home, here's what's been up:

  • I have been utterly happy lately.  Maybe it has something to do with the ridiculous weather.  Maybe it has something to do with things working out.  Maybe it has something to do with how great God is.  Yeah, definitely that last one.
  • I have lately been brushing my hair with a fork.  There are reasons behind it. One, I don't own a brush or comb and two, I want to feel like The Little Mermaid.  I shared this information with my mother.  She insisted on buying me a brush.
  • I keep on having intense dreams.  I often wake up in my dreams and tell people who were in my dreams in my dreams about my dreams in my dreams.  Ya follow?
  • I haven't heard the new Cold war kids album, but I listened to the entirety of Robbers & Cowards today.  Just so dang good.  Quality.
  • A week from Sunday is mine and Ethan's one year anniversary.  I'm just typing this from my own excitement.  He's dang wonderful.
  • Westboro Baptist Church (godhatefags.com) is something that makes me want to go punch things, scream at the top of my lungs and give them every. single. piece. of. my. mind.  They are coming to Tulsa in April to picket at the Lady Gaga concert.  I am seriously considering picketing back with signs that says things like "God loves you, me, and Lady Gaga" or "Created by God This Way" or something like that.  I don't want to talk any more about them...I'd get too angry.
  • I found out I have a layover in Philadelphia this summer on my way to Italy.  It's a 7 hour layover.  my whole family is going exploring.  I'm stoked.  The other layover is in either Madrid or Berlin.  I'm not mad about it.
  • From now on, any pets I own, I am going to name them after something from Harry Potter.  my first adoption, hopefully for my birthday in August, will be a black or yellow female lab puppy.  Named Luna.  :)  Other names for other pets or inanimate objects shall be: Weasley, Errol, Fawkes, Ollivander (Ollie for short), etc.  I'll soon have enough pets for an entire Quidditch team.

That's about it for now.  I'm going to go wat some chocolate chip cookies and absorb in the Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment