2.05.2011

Hopes for the summer

Since I've been trapped in my apartment/on campus for nearly a week due to snow, I've had SOOOO dang much free time.  Almost to the point of my going insane.
I've had a lot of time to think about my goals and plans and hopes for the summer, and I thought I'd share some of those wishes with you all. :)

+ I want a good part of me to be covered in henna tattoos.
Well, not terrible amounts, but yeah...
+ I want to wake up with the sun sometimes and just sit on my porch.
+ I want to make dresses and wear them.
+ I want to take photos of everything, everyday.
+ I want to soak in the culture of the places I'm fortunate enough to be traveling to.
+ I want to successfully move to OKC and find a job I thoroughly enjoy.
+ I want to be outside.
+ I want to take underwater pictures and swim a lot more than I did last summer.
+ I want to go to outdoor events, like art festivals and music festivals and what not.
+ I want to eat too many snow-cones.
+ I want to cook so many delicious things with my back doors open.
+ I want to spend time with the people who are closest to me.
+ I want to drive all over Oklahoma with my windows down.
+ I want to take a road trip.
+ I want my hair to grow and get lighter, and I want to develop more freckles.
+ I want to spend the night on Marielle's trampoline and watch the stars.
+ I want to feel infinite at least once a day.

Last summer was semi lame. Haha.
I worked at a dentist's office during the week and I had to be inside.
I didn't travel much, which was a bummer, but I still managed to have fun.

I'm going to try my hardest to not waste this summer.
I've done it before, but I won't do it again.

What are your summer wants/hopes?

4 comments:

  1. My summer hope? No rain. It's near impossible to have a dry day a fortnight here, but a girl can hope!
    Love 'I want to feel infinite at least once a day' and also watching stars on the trampoline and henna tattoos and festivals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving winter behind means my wife's terrible rheumatoid arthritis eases up, which means that she will be happier and healthier. So my hope for summer is the same as every year, to be with her in the sun. As soon as it's warm enough in the spring, I want to walk the dogs with her every day. I work outside a lot, but she doesn't, and getting her out in the sun and fresh air is an excellent goal.

    All that said, I'd say that spring and fall are our seasons, particularly our excellent anniversary travels in October. We look forward to that from the very moment we get home from it. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, my summer plans/dreams are quite the same ones as yours except that i cannot drive a car yet (but hopefully can when summer arrives) and that i don't live in oklahoma but in switzerland ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a great summer as well! great list of hopes/wants :)

    ReplyDelete