2.13.2011

Valentine's Day!

Ethan and I spent Valentine's day today, since we're long-distance and we both have classes and what not tomorrow.
It was so so so so fun.
We went to church at Frontline, which is such an awesome church.  I feel as though there are a lot of churches in OKC which are egotistical and a majority of what they care about is getting more and more and more members.  At Frontline, the pastor says that God is the lead pastor, that He's in control, and it's so refreshing to hear that.
After church, we got some Wendy's.  (YAY VALUE MENU!)
And while we were eating our cheap lunch, we drove to the zoo.
It was so nice outside.  The sun was shining and it was the loveliest of temperatures--about 65-70.  I was able to wear a sundress and cardigan and I was very comfortable.  We also bought disposable cameras to document our day in a fun, interesting way.  I am getting mine developed tomorrow, so you'll see everything then.
After the zoo, we drove back home, took a short little power nap, then proceeded to get some cupcakes from Sara Sara Cupcakes downtown.  Ethan got a key-lime cupcake and I got a strawberry.  They were both really tasty.
We decided to eat the cupcakes at Lake Hefner on a blanket while watching the sunset.  Twas romantical.  :)
After enjoying our cupcakes and each other's company, we traveled back to the apartment and began to cook dinner.  It was a super easy meal--spinach and cheese tortellini with vodka sauce, bread, salad and chocolate fondue, strawberries, pretzels, and those wafery-hazelnut-chocolate straw cookie things.  It was very very good.  We ate by candlelight and slowdanced to the cheesiest music ever, and I've come to the conclusion that when we get married, I am going to crack up at our first dance.  I've always pictured myself as a romantic, but sometimes the corniness of it gets the best of me.
Now we're about to snuggle on the couch and watch Nowhere Boy--Woooo for Redbox!!

Today was just splendid--oh, and my Valentine's gift from Ethan, besides all of his fantasticality and love and sweetness, was Reeses (my favorite candy bar here) and 6 handmade yellow roses.  That took him hours.  They're awesome.  I love him :)

Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll be able to upload all the disposable camera pictures and you can gather a better sense of what we did through all the photos.  I kind of rambled on this, but I'm so dang happy.


Here are some of my favorite shots from the zoo. :)










(I'm using this zebra as my 42/365)


(And this as my 43/365....I am such a cheater.)



1 comment:

  1. wow, amazing photos Rachel! i enjoyed all of them :)

    Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete